Fo other software and hardware requirements, please visit the following links for the vendors suggestions.
- You must meet the minimum age restrictions to join our Academy. (Persons not meeting the restrictions will not be allowed to join the Academy).
- You must a good understanding of the English language. Although some courses will be in a native language, it is important that your understanding of such language is proficient.
- In some cases you may have to dedicate at least 10 hours per week to study your course
- Basic Computer skills
- Fast internet connection (at least 7mbs)
- You must have a microphone (for meetings and webinars)
- You must have a web-camera – For meetings with your instructor/mentor.
- If your course requires a license for a particular software, then you must have these pre-installed before your course begins. These include all plugins.
- PC or Mac
- Minimum CPU: i3 or AMD A5
- Memory: A least 8gb RAM
- Video Card: GeForce or Radeon with at least 2GB RAM
- Wifi Receiver
- Good Microphone – Internal or external
- For drawing: Wacom Cintiq or similar
- Software Licenses
What to do in an online class...
- Be polite to your colleagues and Mentor
- If you have a question, wait until there is a break to ask it
- Remove distractions from your area of study, especially your cellphone
- Hand in your work on time to not fall behind in your course
- Mute your microphone to not disturb other colleagues or students if you are not talking
- Try to work in a light environment (protect your eyes and take breaks when needed)
- Feel free to contact your mentor outside of lessons or webinars if you have any questions
- Learn to take criticism of your work from your instructor with respect for the instructors experience
- Try to network with other students and work in groups
If you ever have concerns or questions unrelated to the course and would like to speak to a member of the Sophoria Academy team, then contact us HERE.